U.S.A. - Snippets of Information
- There are 50 states - Alaska and Hawaii are both separated from the main part of the country
- The USA is the 4th largest country in the world by land area and 3rd by population.
- The USA has the world's largest economy
- The most populated city in the USA is New York City, followed by Los Angeles and Chicago.
- English is the most commonly spoken language in the USA, followed by Spanish.
- The USA consumes more petroleum than any other country in the world.
- The current 50-star American flag was designed by a 17-year-old as a school project in 1958. He got a B-.
What To Do in the U.S.A.
- The USA is a great, diverse and easy country to travel in: car, plane, train, bike, horse
- Accommodation is easy to find, if not always cheap
- Good food is sometimes harder to track down. outside California and cities like New York and Seattle and San Francisco, where there are good (if expensive) restaurants, it's burgers ,burgers and burgers....
- The scenery is amazing, the national parks endlessly surprising: