A Weekend with Donna
- I met Donna in Nepal when I had my appendix out. Now I've flown out from Manila. I'm on my way to tour East Indonesia.
- We visit Little India, now renovated with its beautifully painted, but sterile, rows of houses, the food-market, the temples, Mustafa's Centre (24 hour shopping mall), the American Bazaar
- We eat ice cream sandwiches (yummy), cakes at the Shangri La and dinner at the retro American Club
- I buy my first digital camera from the spivs on the Orchard Road. It's hard work and I'm not sure I got a bargain
- To the zoo to try out my camera on the snakes and orang utans
- I don't do very well money-wise in Singapore. A hundred dollars has disappeared from my purse. I think it might have been Donn'a Filipino maid who took it. But she's run off with Donna's husband.